- NEW - Home Learning and School Closure»
- Learning by Year group»
- Year 4»
- Work to Complete - updated 6th July»
- Week 01»
Science Task 1:
Sound walk around your garden. What different sounds can you hear? Are they pleasant/unpleasant? High pitched or low pitched? Write a diary entry to show your findings – where you went on your walk. Think about using adjectives to describe the sounds (e.g. noisy birds singing/ loud church bells).
Traders and Raiders 1:
• Research and find out about any Saxon or Viking invasions in your local area or county.
• Try making Anglo-Saxon bread or Viking flatbread (search online for recipes).
• Look at King Alfred’s pledge: ‘I desired to live worthily as long as I lived, and to leave after my life, to the men who should come after me, the memory of me in good works’. Write a pledge – how would you like to be remembered in the future?