Our Child Protection Commitment
Safeguarding at The Bedfont Primary School is everyone’s responsibility all of the time. All staff and visitors are expected to:
- Establish and maintain an environment where school staff and volunteers feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the safety and well-being of a child.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- Ensure that children are supported appropriately. This could include referral to Early Help services or specialist services if they are vulnerable or at risk of being abused and neglected.
- Consider how children may be taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Maintain an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ and ‘professional curiosity’ where safeguarding is concerned.
- Always act in the interests of the child and help to take an active part in develop a culture where Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL):
DSL: Mr Davis (Headteacher) Mrs Swasbrook (Deputy Headteacher) Mr Chandler (Deputy Headteacher
The Nominated Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Hilbery
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about your child or other children at our school. If you believe that a child is in imminent danger, please contact Hounslow Children's Social Care or the Police. Our Safeguarding Policy can be found under Policies.