Dear Parents & Carers
Wishing you all a very healthy Happy New Year! Thank you all so much for your amazing messages, Christmas gifts and unwavering support - it is so very much appreciated.
As we return to this Spring Term, we ask our school community to support us to stays open, healthy and as safe as possible for all:
- Please wear masks on the school site unless you are exempt.
- Please email or phone us rather than come into the school building.
- If you need to come into the school building, please wear a mask at all times and use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Wherever possible, please follow the one-way systems.
- Please do not come onto the school site if you have any symptoms; cough, loss of taste/smell, temperature or any cold like symptoms.
DfE guidance - if a child or adult tests positive, they may be able to end their self-isolation period before the end of the 10 full days. They should take a lateral flow device test (LFD) test from 6 days after the day symptoms started and another LFD test on the following day. The second LFD test should be taken at least 24 hours later. If both these test results are negative, and they do not have a high temperature, they may end their self-isolation after the second negative test result, and return to school.
The guidance is that all those who are fully vaccinated or aged between 5 years and 18 years and 6 months, and identified as a close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, should take an LFD test every day for 7 days and continue going to school as normal, unless they have a positive test result or show symptoms. Please do not send your children to school if they are poorly.
Inevitably, we may have staff shortages during the following weeks so please bear with us. We will always attempt continuity for the children but as with last term, when the teacher is poorly and the supply and supply's supply is also poorly, this can prove quite challenging. I will take this opportunity to say a massive thanks to our teachers and teaching assistants as well as office staff for previously stepping in to support in class and during break times.
We plan to return to our normal school day and classes will not need to limit contact unless there are high cases of Covid within each class ~ if there are 5 or more cases within one class, they will need to limit their contact with the rest of the school.
Regarding Covid, we will continue to ensure:
- Good ventilation in our classes - each class has a CO2 monitor to help identify areas where ventilation needs to be improved.
- We are happy for your children to wear an additional layer of clothing; please could these be near to school colours or royal blue.
- We will continue to encourage good hygiene with regular handwashing, extra cleaning of surfaces and high touch points as well as encouraging children to cough or sneeze into elbow and or wash their hands afterwards.
- Although we will continue to offer your children a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, we are in unprecedented times and our priority is the quality of care, safety and security of our school community. Please bear with us while we navigate this term.
We hope for a calm, healthy spring term with some excellent learning taking place.
Mr G. Davis