Anti Bullying and Keeping Safe
Bedfont Primary School is committed to providing a safe, positive and inclusive environment for pupils, staff and parents/carers.
The following principles inform our anti-bullying approach:
- Bullying behaviour is unacceptable in all circumstances;
- The school takes a proactive stance against bullying e.g. anti bullying weeks, peer mentoring;
- Bullying is a shared problem and staff and parents/carers will need to work together in partnership to resolve incidents;
- All adults in the school community (staff, governors and parents/carers) are expected to present positive role models to children;
- The safety and welfare of the children concerned will at all times be central to decisions about actions taken in response to bullying;
- Anti-bullying approaches will be consistent with preparing children for life in an inclusive society. These include incorporating an acceptance of and valuing of difference and the need to cope with difficult individuals;
When incidents have been dealt with, all parties should be supported and enabled to move on positively.
https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/ - a website for 5 - 7 year olds
https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/8_10/ - a website for 8 - 11 year olds
Parent support and how to keep your child safe.
https://www.internetmatters.org/advice/0-5/ - parent support 0 - 5 years
https://www.internetmatters.org/advice/6-10/ - parent support 6 - 10 years